Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

A short note

Today we had a summertime pot-luck and chili contest which went over as a resounding success. As usual, I was requested to take a few shots of the day; in between setting up the buffet and serving my chili, which came in 2nd place! :)

I took some shots with my new Nikon D300 camera using both a 50mm prime and my 18-55mm kit lens for the big group photo at the end. Maybe it was becuase I was rushed, but I don;t feel that I got any stupendous pictures today. Normally I can focus and really pull out the little details that make an event special. I felt like I was just taking snapshots today instead of quality portraits.

Oh well. When I review the pictures I hope I have a few keepers in the batch. I'd like to blow up the department picture if it turned out well. :)

No comments: