Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Into the fire...

Hello everyone,

My name is Frank and I am an amateur photographer. I pursue photography with a passion and motivation that I show few of my other hobbies. I always enjoyed taking pictures with my portable 35mm film camera in high school, but didn't become fully engrossed in my hobbie until December 2005 when my girlfriend (since then my fiance and now my beautiful wife!) bought me a Nikon D50 digital SLR camera.

My joy at discovering what a "professional" camera could do was pure magic! I never could capture images like I saw in magazines or on the internet. I always thought I did not have the skill to accomplish such feats. In this case, to my delight, was due to my equipment. :)

Three and a half years later, I have taken pictures at nearly every family gathering, every holiday, half a dozen friends' weddings and undertook my first professional job this past weekend. I am editing the photos but will post my favorites when I finish the processing.

I already have seen interest in other people hiring me to capture a landscape or another children's party. Through no real attempt of my own, my reputation and photography is proceeding me and opening new opportunities to expand my craft.

I am so eager to see what tomorrow brings... :)

No comments: